Hope's Stories

My name is Hope and these are the stories of my daily comings and goings.

19 febrero 2007

And the Bagpipe Wouldn't Say No



THE BAGPIPE WHO DIDN'T SAY NO
It was nine o'clock at midnight at a quarter after three When a cat met a bagpipe on the shoreside by the sea, And the cat said, "My dearie, May I sit with you? I'm weary."
And the bagpipe didn't say no.

Said the cat to the bagpipe, "I have walked this lonely shore,
I have talked to waves and pebbles--but I've never loved before.
Will you marry me today, dear? Is it 'No' you're going to say dear?"
But the bagpipe didn't say no.

Said the cat to her darling, "Please excuse me if I stare,
But you have the plaidest skin, dear, And you have the strangest hair.
If I begged you pretty please, love, Could I give you just one squeeze, love?"
And the bagpipe didn't say no.

Said the cat to the bagpipe, "Ah, you love me. Then confess!
Let me whisper in your dainty ear and hold you to my chest."
And he cuddled her and teased her And so lovingly she squeezed it.
And the bagpipe said, "Aaooga."

Said the cat to the bagpipe, "Did you honk or bray or neigh?
For 'Aaooga' when your kissed is such a heartless thing to say.
Is it that I have offended? Is it that our love is ended?"
And the bagpipe didn't say no.

Said the cat to the bagpipe, "Rereow!"
And she tore it to shreds.
Thanks to Shel Silverstein